Wednesday, October 15, 2014

FIRStPost: A year in summary.

To whom it may concern;

This is the first official post on the LifeStory blog of Louie Cavalieri. This blog will cover many different things; but just to clarify, the main focus of my posts will be about what's going on in my life, currently. There will be short blogs, there will be long ones. Some will teach lessons that I have learned, and some will just be a venting session. Basically, I'm doing this blog because I need an outlet. I need somewhere to shove these racing thoughts in my mind at night, so that I'm no longer up until 3:35 am creating blogs. 

So, for my first post, I will sum up the roller coaster of a year that I have had. 

From the months of October 2013-April 2014, I was engaged to a wonderful woman that I truly thought was the person I was going to spend the rest of my life with. Mind you; I am 19 years old. 

May 2014 rolls around, and the test of a lifetime comes my way. My relationship came to an end, and there I was. I was alone, for what felt like the first time in years. We were together for about a year and 7 months, and when this happened, my attitude and motivation both took turns for the worst. There wasnt a single thing that anyone/anything could do about it. All I needed was time.

I took the summer of 2014 to re-invent myself. I coped with my sadness by changing my appearance, hanging out with new and old friends, and keeping myself busy. By the 3rd week of July, I was feeling pretty good. 

My family then moved into a new house in the very last week of July, and I went with (Obviously) 

Finding momentos that had been stored away was not what I was expecting when unpacking. 

Relapse. 

August comes my way, and I had finally decided to let myself start having fun again; seeing new people. This came as a surprise to me when I tried seeing someone, and actually enjoyed myself. After a few fun dates, I had decided that it wasn't something I wanted to pursue, and leading someone on is not in my department. 

September hits. I promised myself I would be single for the Machine Gun Kelly concert at the beginning of the month. I kept my promise, and good times ensued. Give it 5 more days, then I figured out what hell truly was. 

I was getting sick again; just like i do every fall. But this was different; I couldnt breathe. I went to the doctor several times before finally being diagnosed with 3 things. Mononucleosis, sinus infection, and minor upper respiratory infection. 

Ouch. 

I took a 3 week leave of absence from work, and while it allowed me time to heal, my muscles are now very weak and I have lost about 12 pounds. 

The days are now shorter and the leaves are now brighter colors in october; And with a new month comes a new attitude and new set of motives. 

Yesterday, mind you I get free movies, I went to see the equalizer and found a quote from the movie especially intriguing:

"Progress, not pefection." 

This quote hit me hard, as that has been my motto for the summer/fall months. I have finally met my closure from my past, and am ready to move on to the future; whatever may come my way. 10/15/14 3:53 am

No comments:

Post a Comment