Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Changes

Change. What does that word mean? Does it mean that things get better? Not always. Does it mean things get worse? Also, not always. We as humans are constantly changing, without even knowing it. Little things about us are changing while the big picture is also changing. I have worked at Marcus Twin Creek Cinema for 10 months now, and as of tomorrow, March 5th, my time at the theater is coming to an end. As I recall back on my time employed there, I realize that my character is casting a giant shadow over the previous state that I came into this job with. Starting this job, I was coming out of a very serious relationship and had absolutely no motivation. Since that time, I've used my time of reflection to build character, trust, and most importantly, new friendships. The men and women I worked with at Twin Creek lifted me up out of the dumpy state of which I resided and kept me motivated when it didn't seem possible. These people became sort of a second family to me, and somehow I got my life back on track. 
Now, look at me. I'm a month away from moving into a beautiful home with some of the best friends that I've ever had. 
I didn't realize this whole time I had been getting closer and closer to my goals and have so much to be proud of this time around. I've taken these 10 months to work on myself and take care of myself and I couldn't be happier with the result. 
I haven't had a soda in 2 and a half months now (longer than I lasted last year) and my fitness was taken to a whole new level when I began MMA/Boxing training 3 weeks ago. So much stuff is going on, and my brain doesn't know how to process it. 
I'm feeling so many emotions and can't hold on to all of them because they will just drag me down. 
I think I'll just take advice from brad paisley  
"When life gives you limes, make margaritas "
Theater kids, it's been a hell of a ride and I won't forget you. I'll stop in from time to time to say hello, let's hang out sometime 

No comments:

Post a Comment